Thursday, August 22, 2013

Is it to early for Christmas cards?

Hi all
I wanted to share a couple of cards I did for a challenge with my group the Jacksonville Starz.  They just happen to be Christmas cards, I have the holidays on my mind getting ready to do my display at the Lee Cnty Library in October.  I try to use fresh ideas so I have been creating with new stamp sets that are offered in the Holiday Mini.
My first card was done with the Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set  (128051) and Holiday Ornaments Framelits (127816).  These were products from the 2012 Holiday Mini Catalog and were so popular that Stampin' UP! is offering them as a carryover.  You won't find them in any catalog but they are available on my website.  It is done in Whisper White and Real Red card stock.  The polka dot piece is from the Season of Style DSP (13234).  I stamped the ornament with Real Red on White and cut it out with the Framelits which I rimmed in Silver Glitter Paper.  The Season's Greeting came from another carry over set More  Merry Messages.  (126402).  To see all the Carry Over products follow this link to ONLINE ONLY STAMPS


The next card is done with the Festive Flurry Stamp Set and the Festive Flurry Framelits from The Holiday Mini. These products are one of the items that are being bundled at a savings of 15%.  I am a real fan of the framelits so when I can I get them in a bundle.  This card was done in Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky and Whisper White Card Stock with a touch of Silver Glitter paper and a piece of our new Silver Ribbon.  I used the framelit to cut the snow flake from the mats on the card and placed the stamped snow flake directly on the base.  I added a smaller snowflake on top to give it some height. To give the Soft Sky mat some texture I used the snowflake TIEF from the Delicate Designs folder set.  I used the same sentiment from More Merry Messages and punched that out with the curly label punch, I made a mat from Smoky Slate by punching another label and cutting it in half  I had it just peeking out from behind the white.


 I hope you enjoy my shares for today and I will be back soon to bring you more samples.  If you would like to do any of the cards at home just give me a shout and I'd be happy to give you detailed instructions and a full supply list.  But better yet contact me to do your Workshop in a Box. 
Until next time, be kind and SMILE! :-}
Rose Ann