Friday, March 22, 2013

Pleasant Poppies

I am sorry I haven't been posted cards as often as I would like to, I have a bit of trouble with my hands and have been limited to stamping time.  I try to make a couple of cards at one time so I can post them more often.  I will try to do better.  I love to share my creations and hope you enjoy them as well.  
Today I have a card done with Pleasant Poppies, it is a background stamp, from our 2012-2013 Catalog (comes in wood or clear.  I have had it for some time but hadn't used it.  While visiting my friend Lee I saw a card that she received in a swap, I didn't note who it was done by so I am sorry I can't give them credit.  I did this one from memory and changed it up a bit,  so I am not sure if it even resembles the original.  It is a simple card but I think will get the Sender a WOW!

I colored the Basic Rhinestones with a black Sharpie and placed them in the center of the open poppies.  Did you know that you can color your Stampin' UP! Basic Pearl and Rhinestones any color you want as long as you do it with a Sharpie so the color doesn't rub off. 
The card base is Tangerine Tango card stock, with a Whisper White mat which is stamped with Tangerine Tango I added a Happy Birthday from the Perfect Punches Stamp Set punched out with my Extra Large Oval punch and a butterfly from Papillon Potpourri stamped with Rose Red and punched with the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  I used a piece of Rose Red card stock that I edged with the Scallop Edge Border punch and a piece from the Floral District Designer Paper.  I popped the mat up with Dimensional.  I finished the inside with poppies stamped in Rose Red and Warm wishes.  Easy Peesy the color is breezy! 
You can purchase any of the products used for this card by clicking on the product name or visit my website here.  
Have a great weekend.  Until next time.
Rose Ann