Saturday, March 16, 2013

Micky

I wanted to share this card with you that I did the other day. It was in a swap that my friend Lee had but I didn't write down who made it.  I changed up the colors a little using Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black and a bit of Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper. 



The base is done in Whisper white and matted with Daffodil cut to 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 and textured with the Perfect Polka Dot TIEF.  I only did about 1/2 of the paper, as you can see in the picture.  Next I cut a strip of Basic Black 5" x 1 1/4" and flagged the end with my square punch (you can do it with scissors if you don't have a sq. punch).  I used Mono Adhesive to attach the mat to the base and the black strip to the mat.  Next cut a piece of black paper 3 1/4 x 2 1/4 and a piece of white 3 1/8 x 2 1/8.  On the white piece you will use the Oval Designer Frames Folders to make the frame in the paper, next punch out a piece of DSP using your Extra Large oval punch. Tape the DSP oval into the   frame.  To make Micky, punch a 1" circle for his head and 2 1/2" circles for the ears.   Assembly by taping the smaller circles to the back of the larger one.  as shown.  Tape Micky's head to the DSP.  Then make a small bow for his tie, I used 1/2" Daffodil Delight Seam Binding (or use a contrasting color like red or blue) and wrap the tails around the the back of the white and adhere the bow with a glue dot.  Mount this piece to the Black and mount it to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
To purchase any of the supplies to make this card just click on the item and you will go to my store.  Thanks for checking in I hope you enjoyed my card.  See you again soon.
Rose Ann