Thursday, November 15, 2012

Merry Christmas with Watercolor Winter

Wow time is flying by, I can't believe we are only a week away from Thanksgiving.  Today I wanted to share a card I did, using the set Watercolor Winter 129727.  It is fast and easy with a bit of POP.  I detailed the card front after I stamped it to give it an elegant look.  


I used Very Vanilla for the base (which opens at the top).  I matted it with a piece of Always Artichoke Card stock to give it just a hint of color around the edges.  Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla and stamped the sprig of pine in two opposite corners I used Always Artichoke Classic Ink Pad and for the Pine Cones I used Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Ink.  I ran it thru my Big Shot with the Fancy Fan Texture Emboss Folder ( Just wanted a light texture and thought this worked well).  I cut two Crumb Cake and a Very Vanilla frames from the Apothecary Accents Framelits and I stamped the Vanilla one first with "Merry Christmas" (from Greeting of the Season 128033) in Always Artichoke Ink.  I made a frame from the two pieces of Crumb Cake to be a bit larger than the Vanilla piece.  I used a bit of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to glue the two pieces of Crumb Cake, once they dried I added the sentiment with snail adhesive and added them to the card front with Stampin Dimensionals.  Also using Dimensionals I added the card front to the base .  I needed a bit more so I added a  Basic Pearl to each side of the label then made a double bow with my Bow Maker and stuck it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.  I am pleased with the outcome.  Inside the card I stamped my sentiment with Heart of Christmas Stamp128129 and finished it off with another sprig and pine cones in one corner
I hoped you enjoyed my card.  Have a great day and until next time....
Do one thing today that makes YOU happy.

Rose Ann
P.S.  You can shop for the Stamp Sets or all the fantastic products in our Catalogs just by clicking the "Shop Online Link at the top of my page.  
Want to join a stamping Club, I will be starting new clubs up after the holidays.  Contact me if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment