Monday, November 12, 2012

A Great Resource!

Happy Monday to All
I wanted to share a card that I did the other day.  I took the idea right from the Holiday Catalog.  Why,  you might ask.  I wanted to show you that our Catalogs are a great resource for making a beautiful card or project with any of our Stamp Sets.  You can do it just like it is in the book or make it your own by changing it up a bit.  The seeds of countless ideas are right in front of you.  So next time you are stumped just "Look in your book". The possibilities are endless.....
Now on to the card......................This is made with the set Joyous Celebrations.  


OK it's not exact but I got the idea from the picture in the Holiday Catalog, page 7.  I used Joyous Celebrations Stamp Set (128069 Clear $15.95 or Wood 128066 $22.95) This is a set of 9 so it gives you plenty of options.  I made the base with Real Red Card Stock and stamped my images with Real Red ink pad ( for the frame, bow and the saying).  Old Olive for the branches, I also used Old Olive for the sentiment inside using the More Merry Messages Stamp set (126402).  I layered a piece of Whisper White cut to 51/4" x 4" to give it some color around the edges.  Then a Whisper White layer is cut to 5" x 3 3/4" and run through my Big Shot with the Holiday Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127820).  Then I stamped the oval frame and bow on a scrap of White added the sprig with Old Olive and punched it out with the Extra large Oval Punch.  I had to cut out the bow and added a colored rhinestone (I learned the technique from my friend Lee, you just color the rhinestone with a colored Sharpie)  I did this one Red but you can do yours any color you want.  This layer was added to the base using Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some POP.  I also used Dimensionals to adhere the frame onto the card.  I added the bow with a Mini Glue dot and the banner with Snail Adhesive. I made the banner by cutting a stripe of Whisper White CS, I stamped the Christmas Wishes in Real Red.  I flagged the ends with my square punch.  It's an easy card with plenty of Fabulous!!!  Until next time......

Have a wonderful Veterans Day.  Don't forget to Thank a solider and remember to......Do one thing today that makes you happy.
Kindness is Contagious!   
Rose Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment