Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Simple Valentine

My share for you today is from an idea from a online challenge but am not sure which one.  It was done by Karen Barber and I thought it was beautiful.  As with any card inspiration, I changed it up so I reflect more of my style.  These inspirations can be for the colors used, or layout done.  In this one I used a little of both.  
I used Very Vanilla for the base and the card opens from the top.  Next I used a piece of Blushing Bride ( I know it is retired but it worked the best).  I embossed the bottom only with the heart from the Adorning Accents Folder.  The top piece is Very Vanilla and I trimmed it so the hearts on the pink piece would show.  Next I ran it thru the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade Embossing folder I used the folder from the side so the design would run vertical instead of horizontal, then trimmed the bottom edge with the Scallop Edge Punch.  I put the two layers together using Mono Adhesive being careful not to tape the lower half of the Vanilla top piece.  I used the new 1 1/4" Two Tone Ribbon from the Spring Catalog which I used to tie a single bow, then wrapped around the back of both pieces.  I used Dinmentionals to mount this to the base.  Lastly I stamped the blank curly label from Pretty Petites and punched it out with the Petite Curly Label Punch both from the Sale-A-Brations flyer.  I added the work Love from Fabulous Phases Set. 

 
Well that's all for today, I'll be back with SU news and a new Valentine card.  Have a great week and remember to be kind and do one thing today that makes You happy!
Rose Ann