Sunday, September 4, 2016

Samples from Greetings from Santa

I'm Back!!!
As promised here are two samples from one of my favorites, Greetings from Santa.  This set does come in Wood and Clear, for you beginners when we say Wood, the block is included in your set, and Clear you will need to have some clear blocks to use your stamps.
I saw these on YouTube and decided to try them.  First is a box, done by SternchenStempel DIY, I couldn't find a website for her, but I linked her YouTube Video so you can see her rendition of the box.  I had to re-figure the size because I couldn't fit t her size thru my Big Shot.  Instead of doing it 9 1/2 wide I did 4 panels each 4 5/8, it did turn out a little big and I am working on a smaller version.  I did finished the inside and it does make a great luminary (battery powered only).  This is done in Real Red, with a bit of Whisper White and some Silver Glimmer paper behind the sides of the box lid and used Velum to back my Santa.  I stamped it in Always Artichoke.


I am working on a write up tutorial if you are interested just send me an e-mail and I will sent it to you when finished.

My second project was on YouTube by Bobbie from Bloomin Hearts, again I linked her YouTube video to my post.   This is done in Whisper White Thick Cardstock for the base and mat which is cut the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  The inserts were done with Basic Black (glasses) Blushing Bride (face) Red Glimmer Paper Hat, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper for the pom-pom on his hat and a piece of This Christmas Specialty DSP for the background.  What a great way to get rid of your scraps, it just takes a little piece.  If you are like me I have scraps everywhere :-)  You have to watch all those little pieces but it is a fun card to make and gives you a super cute card.  They have Happy Christmas instead of Merry Christmas, but they do have a Merry Christmas in the set so you could probably change the greetings.
I finished the inside with some DSP and a strip of Red Glimmer Paper but got ink on it so I am not showing it off.  Lesson learned to keep a wet one close by at all times.
I hope you enjoyed my samples, I will be working with a new bundle in the next couple of day.  So stay tuned.

Until next time.......
Huge Hugs
Rose Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment