Sunday, April 21, 2013

Punch Art Card

I am finally able to stamp and am working on a display for the Lee County Library which will be for entire month of May.  I have been trying to do a variety of thing  to show the range of Stampin' UP!  Here is a card I did with punches.  I got the idea from a post on Pam Strobel's website "Stamp and Stretch".  Pam does an amazing job of showing how to get more uses from our Stampin' UP! supplies. Jump over to see what is new on her site when you have a minute, you won't be disappointed.

I decided to make this card with a base of Calypso Coral, Layer 1 is Whisper White with the edges sponged in Coral. The top is Baja Breeze, which I textured with the Delicate Designs embossing folder to make it look like a lacy table cloth.  I used Lucky Limeade for the leaves and a scrap of Island Indigo card stock for my planter.  I used Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and a touch of Island Indigo ink.




 Here is how you can make your own..... 
  • Sponge Calypso Coral on one side of 6 of the petals.
  • Repeat sponging the Calypso Coral on the other 6 petals but sponge on the opposite side.
  • Sponge Riding Hood Red on the opposite side of the Calypso Coral on each of the 6 petals. 
  • Sponge Island Indigo over the Red edges to create a darker contrast. The Indigo will give a the red edges a purplish look.
  • Build the flower by alternating petal front to back making sure you have the darker edges on the outside.
  • Punch the leaves out of Lucky Limeade card stock  I used the smallest  petals on the punch.  
  • I used scraps to free form cut the base and stems of each flower and  gave the edges a swipe of Old Olive to give it some contrast. 
  • I assembled my flowers and then popped up the flower cluster with dimensionals.
  • I made the "flower pot" from the largest of the Apothecary Accents Framelites Dies.  Then I cut it down to fit my paper.   

For any of the products used to make this card, just check out my website.  Don't forget to get your retiring colors before they are all gone.  I will have the retiring stamps sets and accessories for you on Wednesday when it comes out.  Thanks for visiting, until next time.