Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mini Magazine Holder

I love Split Coast Stampers, many of my ideas come from their website and from their galleries.  This box came from a Featured Tutorial last week and I just had to make one.  It is called the Mini Magazine Holder.  As always I changed mine up a bit.




I used 12 x 12 Basic Gray Textured Card stock which I know is retired but has more stability than smooth card stock.  It has Whisper White and Back to Black Designers Series Paper. Stamp sets used are Four Feathers and A Dozen Thoughts Stamps sets.  I followed the tutorial for the box which also featured the feathers cut with the Feathers framelits, I did mine in Basic Gray and then stamped one in the Pool/Gray variegated style  They are mounted to the box with Glue Dots and added a loose bow made with Basic Gray Bakers Twine and a silver button.  I made simple cards to include.  I stamped each with a feather and the sentiment is mixed with Thank You, Feel Better, Just Because and You Made my Day.  I made my feathers and sentiment variegated by stamping in the Pool Party pad then into the Basic Gray pad before I stamped my image.  It's an easy method but you have to make sure to stamp the lighter color first.  I did 4 cards vertical and 4 horizontal and left them blank inside.  The envelopes are stamped with a feather in the corner.  Easy Peazy and you have a beautiful gift for a hostess or teacher.  They would make great stocking stuffers, just modify to your theme or needs.  I plan to add these to my Christmas Craft for my Sisters this year. So if you are stuck for a idea, hop on over to Split Coast Stamper and check them out.
Until Next time
Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment