Monday, November 26, 2012

Another Christmas Blessings

Welcome back.  I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgivings and didn't eat to much :-)  We were able to a little yard work, the weather here in SW Florida has been beautiful.  
Today I have a card I did with a set from the 2012-2013 Annual Idea Book, called Christmas Blessings (123809).  I used some Not so Christmas colors but think it came out pretty good.  I hope you agree.  It is done with Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke card stock and Champagne Glitter Paper.  I used Stampin' Write Markers (regal 11970) to color my images and Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder (116824) to give it some texture.  Lastly, I used Apothecary Accents Framelites (127003) and my Big Shot (113439) to cut the focal point of my card out.   I almost forgot the little pop of red, my bow.  For that I used  Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (127841).



First I made the base of the card, it is Soft Suede, then added a piece of Very Vanilla and a piece of Crumb Cake that I ran thru the Big Shot with my Embossing Folder.  
I cut 1 Always Artichoke, and 1 Very Vanilla from the largest Framelites and I didn't need a full piece of the Glitter paper so I used a scrap big enough to cover half of the framlite and later cut to size.  After using my Markers to color my image (I used Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, and Always Artichoke). I cut the Artichoke piece in half, and glued it on the back of  the stamped Vanilla piece (I let just a peek of the Artichoke color show at each end).  Since I wanted the majority of my image to show I cut the glitter paper down to about 1/3 of the total size and adhered it to the bottom, matching the edge of the vanilla paper.  I made my bow from Cherry Cobbler Tulle and my "Magic Bow Maker" then wrapped it around the seam and taped it on the back.  I used Stampin Dimensionals to pop it up off the card base.  Lastly, I stamped a piece of Vanilla with the sentiments found in the set using Cherry Cobbler Classic InkI finished off the inside with the Holly and my markers.   
Well that's all for now, be kind and remember.......to do one thing today that makes YOU happy!  Until next time.  
Rose Ann

Don't forget it's not to late to get your free color family of Classic Stampin' PadsContact me today to host your workshop or if you would like to do what I do, then Join my team.  All new Demonstrators who join the Stampin' UP! family before 12/16 will get also get a set of Pads.  Call me today for the details. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment